Scudo 1.0 Beta 10 is a hybrid firewall for macOS that combines an inbound network-layer packet filter with an outbound application-layer firewall. Scudo helps protecting your Mac’s network services from unwanted connections from remote computers and improves your privacy and security controlling all apps network activities, allowing you to choose which app is allowed to connect to the network.
Everything is controlled in a single window, its usage is really simple and safe. Scudo uses a new technology to identify processes and apps: signature fingerprint. Because of that you are always sure that only genuine apps are allowed to connect. Should an authorized app be modified, hacked or tampered with, Scudo will notify it an block it. Additionally, a real-time apps connections monitor allows you to check all network activities of your Mac. A detailed PDF manual is included in the package. Scudo is derived from Murus and Vallum, and is a simpler and friendlier alternative to them.
• Easy to install and start
• Protect your shared documents and network services
• Protect your privacy blocking apps
• Popup notifications: define inbound and outbound rules on the fly
• Limit upload or download bandwidth
• Protect your network from well-known dangerous hosts using on-line blacklists
• Monitor connections and runtime rules
Scudo requires OS X 10.11 El Capitan, macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.13 High Sierra or 10.14 Mojave.
Home Page – http://www.murusfirewall.com/scudo/