Music Collector 20.0.4 lets you catalog your CDs in a database automatically. Just insert a CD in your CD-ROM drive, scan its barcode, or type artist and title to download all data from various sources on the Internet. Use the integrated TWAIN support to scan cover images directly into the program. Browse your collection by different organizing factors and use the integrated Loan Manager to track which CDs you loaned and to whom. By using this application, you can keep your digital music library neatly organized and easy to explore. Music Collector is specially useful for users who have an extensive music collection.
To start organizing your library, you need to add music files to the application database.
This can be done in several ways: by scanning files and folders on your PC, importing music from CDs, and also by CD barcode, CD ID, and Cat.Number. After that, you will see a list of artists along with their albums and songs.
When you click an album, you will see a variety of data, such as the CD cover, the year the album was released in, its genre, length, label, and the number of tracks it contains. The program will often fill in the album information automatically, but if the data was not properly imported or you find mistakes, you can right click and edit information manually.
Music can be sorted in different ways and there are several viewing options. Additionally, the application lets you quickly find any album or song using the search function or the alphabet toolbar. Your music collection can be saved into a database that you can print or export to a text file, to mobile devices, and also to the CLZ Music mobile app.
The free trial of Music Collector limits your database to 100 albums. By purchasing the full version for $29.95, you can add an unlimited number of albums to your database, and you are given cloud storage access. This is helpful if you want to access and edit your database from other computers or mobile devices.
In short, if you are someone who strives to keep a detailed and organized music library, with every album detail and cover saved, then Music Collector is an excellent choice. However, a casual listener might find the abundance of features and options a bit overwhelming.
• Catalog your CDs, vinyl and music files automatically
• Automatically download album details, track lists and cover art. Just insert CDs, enter artists & titles or scan the CD case barcodes.
• Scan your hard-disk for music files.
• Browse, sort and search your music inventory
• Browse your music database in cover flow. Sort lists any way you want. Find music quickly and easily.
• Keep track of your collection and wish list. Never buy dupes again.
• Export your data to the mobile app, share it online
• Export your music collection and wish list to the CLZ Music app, available for iPhone/iPad & Android.
• Upload your database online, for easy access & sharing with friends.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later 64-bit