Folder Tidy 2.8.4 macOS | 10.55 MB
Take a look at your Desktop, or the Downloads folder – is it a little disorganized? Or maybe really disorganized? Don’t worry, it’s really easy to clean up. Download Folder Tidy right now and choose the folder to organize and with one click you’ll see the files get sorted into the appropriate sub folders (Pictures, Word Documents, Numbers, Archives, etc).
Need a little more control? Open up the preferences, change the order of the built-in rules, or start to make custom rules. Use the powerful predicate editor to make pretty much any rule you’d like. For example, create a rule to move all photos with a size bigger than 5MB and older than a year into a folder. Pretty neat, eh?
Check out some of the awesome features:
- Organize your files into subfolders based on the file type and/or rules.
- Use one of the many built-in rules, or create powerful ones based on predicates.
- Choose what types of files to clean up.
- Choose files and folders to ignore during a clean up.
- Choose where to put the cleaned up files and folders.
- Options to ignore aliases, folders and anything with a label.
- Ability to undo the clean up.
- Over 600 five star ratings internationally.
- Full compatibility with macOS Big Sur, including new app icon!
- Universal Binary with support for Apple Silicon.
- Added HEIC as a image type option for custom rules.
- Changed folder name from “Pictures” to “Images”.
- Revised preferences UX for a cleaner appearance.
- Source folder can no longer be any protected folder, such as the entire user folder, Library folder, etc.
- Issue where it may not have prompted to choose the folders to get proper access when running an undo.
- Issue where it was possible to delete a built-in rule.
- Issue where after deleting a custom rule, the next row could be incorrectly selected.
- Issue where choosing vCard file type in a custom rule an unused popup menu would appear.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later 64-bit